Gain access to this year’s Robotic Telescope astrophotography data!
Purchase today to get the data from the first half of the year now and receive targets from the later half as soon as they are uploaded. All data collected up until December 2022 is included in the dataset. You’ll have lots to choose from!
Targets are a combination of CCD (tightly framed mono) and DSLR (wide framed colour images) and include:
- Sombrero Galaxy
- Black Eye Galaxy
- Thor’s Helmet
- Emission Nebula in Cygnus
- The Owl Nebula
- Rosette Nebula
- Globular Cluster in Hercules (M92)
- Borrelly’s Comet
A complete list of this year's targets can be found here
and is updated as new targets are completed.
If you would like to give this data set as a gift, please email email@example.com
immediately after purchase to indicate your intentions, and include the email address of the person you would like to gift the access to. We will discuss when to give them access so they do not find out about their gift before they should!
- The telescope is a 16” RCOS f/8.9 with an SBIG STX 16803 4K camera attached. It also has a Hutech-modified Canon 6D attached to the tube for wide-field imaging.
- The telescope is located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California. The skies are clear, calm and very dark, with much better weather than we get here in Canada.
- You must have a Google-enabled email address to access the data. Instructions are available here.
- You will receive access to the data the next business day – as each user is manually added to the drive.
In a rural area and cannot download the dataset? USB sticks with the entire dataset will be available in the new year once all 2022 data is uploaded!